Headed up to SQL Saturday – Chicago for another SQL Saturday. I will focus on the differences between character data types, working with implicit vs. explicit conversions and using conversion functions. I have my schedule built out for all the sessions I want to attend. I’ve been wanting to see some of these for awhile, but I always seem to be speaking at the time.
- Turbo Charged Transaction Logs – David Maxwell
- Regular Expressions for the DBA – Sean McCown
- Lock, Block, and Two Smoking Barrels – Mark Broadbent
- Are you Optimistic about Concurrency – Kalen Delaney
- What is your Character Data Type – John Deardurff
- Monitoring Counters That Count – Jimmy May
- Indexes and SARGability – Jared Karney